When Strangers Click, a 2011 documentary about online dating.
It reminds me of that famous Margaret Atwood quote: “Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.” It also reminds me of something written by one of the mods of Sex Worker Problems: “Misandry irritates. Misogyny kills.”
I mean, it’s just true.
“Misandry irritates. Misogyny kills.”
That’s it. That’s it right there.
Holy crap, the dc4c station on Pandora is giving me the world’s craziest feels right now.
- 1: A song you like with a color in the title
- 2: A song you like with a number in the title
- 3: A song that reminds you of summertime
- 4: A song that reminds you of someone you would rather forget about
- 5: A song that needs to be played LOUD
- 6: A song that makes you want to dance
- 7: A song to drive to
- 8: A song about drugs or alcohol
- 9: A song that makes you happy
- 10: A song that makes you sad
- 11: A song that you never get tired of
- 12: A song from your preteen years
- 13: One of your favorite 80’s songs
- 14: A song that you would love played at your wedding
- 15: A song that is a cover by another artist
- 16: One of your favorite classical songs
- 17: A song that would sing a duet with on karaoke
- 18: A song from the year that you were born
- 19: A song that makes you think about life
- 20: A song that has many meanings to you
- 21: A favorite song with a person’s name in the title
- 22: A song that moves you forward
- 23: A song that you think everybody should listen to
- 24: A song by a band you wish were still together
- 25: A song by an artist no longer living
- 26: A song that makes you want to fall in love
- 27: A song that breaks your heart
- 28: A song by an artist with a voice that you love
- 29: A song that you remember from your childhood
- 30: A song that reminds you of yourself
it scares me that you never know what someone is thinking or feeling towards you and everything that they say could be one massive lie
you are allowed to terminate toxic relationships
you are allowed to walk away from people who hurt you
you are allowed to be angry and selfish and unforgiving
you don’t owe anyone an explanation for taking care of yourself
This is what’s clouding my head at 3:45 in the morning.
The longer I’m in Texas and the more I don’t talk to her (and become increasingly distant); all I can think about is leaving her for good.
I hate Virginia. I hate who I am there. I hate how she dictates so much of my life. I hate how she’s almost enforcing me to move to jersey, even though I’ve told her from day 1, I will never move back. I hate how she’s ostracized my friends, which ultimately put a rift between my friends and I. I hate how she makes decisions, HUGE decisions without consulting me. I hate how she body shames me and makes me feel guilty and disgusting at what I look like or how I dress. I hate that I’ve considered diets and weight loss pills because of her agenda. I hate how we never do anything fun together, because we never have any money; but she can spend $300+ on groceries that our roommate doesn’t help pay for. I hate how it’s always about her and her needs.
I don’t want to go back in 6 days. She’s not even there and I’m stressing about returning. I have nothing to look forward to except her inevitable return in October.
I feel like my heart just got ripped out of my chest. Heartbroken isn’t even the right word for the agony I’m experiencing.
Loving my vacation. Austin is my forever home
A very good definition of privilege.
MY OPINION ON THINGS CHANGE FREQUENTLY AS I LEARN MORE STUFF ABOUT THE THING PLEASE DO NOT HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE FOR SOMETHING I SAID THREE YEARS AGO
Listening to The Postal Service now gives me that gut-wrenching stomach drop that is quickly followed by pain, heartbreak and anguish.